Friday, November 14, 2008

My 200th Post!

Thank you for your support and prayers. I congratulate you for bearing with my rantings and crazy adventures.

I have not written for what seems like ages now. Busy is an understatement, but somehow in between all of my workload, I can still find time to procrastinate and laze around a bit. My thoughts are constantly stimulated with my studies and cross-cultural experiences, but most of all with my physical pangs of security to my future and dreams. The trees are almost all barren now with the icy rains. The colors of autumn are pretty much gone leaving everything is shades of grey before the anticipated blankets of snow. The schema just exaggerates the cold and lonely feeling of the season.

However, in contrast to the fluctuating coldness of the outside, I am feeling the chippy-est ever this semester. My moods are lifted to those experienced in summer. Yup, one could even catch a sparkle in my eye! Over the past 2 weeks, I have reached the point of exhaustion. I talked to Dr. D telling him that I am buring out with the madness of the semester. We came to a concensus that maybe a compromise might not be a bad thing after all.

Now you know how much I HATE the word "compromise." Why should I discount myself from my potentials and abilities? You know we should not waste! Nevertheless, I have learned that me being a perfectionist has been the cause of most of my stress. I am fairly aware that I cannot do everything, and by addressing that problem, I am lowering the expectations I have for myself to a more reasonable level. My burden was somewhat lifted when I say "Hang the grades!!!" What is more important is that I am learning something and enjoying it, rather than stressing myself over coursework that aims to equipped the young and inexperienced. It is prideful and arrogant for me to say this, but I guess I have established my credibility that even my mediocre work would still rank the top in my classes. But then again, I have already gone through college once and with the accumulated knowledge, there is no reason why I should not be doing well, if not better.

I must be doing something right for my advisor and professors agree to my decision and are glad that I "look" much better now. I was even selected by my most favorite professor here for a school honor. I have no idea what I did or how I did it, but I was extended a pretigious invitation to serve the school and gain valuable experience in my field. Your prayers are really paid off and I am eternally grateful.

November has reached its midway point now and it is only less than a month before the semester ends. My workload, assignments due, and finals are snowballing with the weeks to come. I look forward to Thanksgiving and the Christmas Break. The challenges will only get harder the coming semester and I know that I will only be able to survive by the walk of faith and living by grace. A comprehensive prayer list will be written this year instead of a Christmas wish list. Without your support, I could have never made it thus far. Thank you!

No comments: