Monday, January 12, 2009

In His Time

Within the first 10 days of the new year, I have receive wonderful news from the people around me. Babies are being brought into the world, my best friend is pregnant, buddies becoming a daddy, friends travelling to dream destination, etc. The joyous occasion continues with upcoming graduations and Colleen's wedding. Man! I should have bought a party dress or two in Glasgow. My many congratulations and best wishes to all.

I am happy for everyone, sincerely, but I can not deny the envy I have. I am a weak human who is extremely sensitive to my surroundings. As much as I am trying not to let peer pressure and the social environment affect me, I often fall into the temptation of comparing my life with others, especially in difficult times that currently casts its shadows in the west. Time, space, and age grip me at the ankle and I find myself struggling to soar in the area of my dreams. Yes, I am on the journey, a life-choice of my dreams, but no one ever said that it will be easy. I can't help but wonder whether my choice was the right one, whether I will have the happy occasions in life that my peers are celebrating now.

I am aware it was my choice and I should compare and whine less. What slapped me back to reality was the sermon at church yesterday and the book mom gave me. Giving my best in dealing with the challenges before me goes beyond mentioning, but the psychological and spiritual strengths should not be neglected. The logical and realistic approach is to analyze and emphasize what is important in every challenge. Strategy and systematic methods are used to tackle the problem, but instead of focusing how big the boulder is, I should be looking backwards remembering how BIG God is in His faithfulness throughout history.

There is no doubt that this year will be one that is more challenging that the rest that I have seen being affected by the political and economical currents. Yes, there is a storm ahead but I look towards the lighthouse, find my strength in the anchor of faith, that in His time all things will be made beautiful...

No comments: