Monday, December 15, 2008

Peace & Serenity of the Season

"Refreshed" is a word that found its way back to my mind this morning as I climbed out of bed. It has been a long while since I last remember having a good night's sleep. Although I have only slept for a few hours, the stress and anxiety of the Fall semester was washed away like the snow by the rain on Saturday. Like outside, my senses are crisp and fresh. The silence of the room was peaceful, but I do miss Colleen, B, and Nem.

The morning ritual before heading out the door was accompanied by the carols sung by Celtic Woman. Although warm from the shower, cold was felt by every bone once I stepped out of the apartment. 15C? 15F? I must have missed the minus sign before the numbers as I glanced at my PC before putting on my jacket. Cold has a new definition. When the surface of exposed skin starts to hurt in a burning pain and when I feel like putting on another coat or two, that would be cold. At least, I know that I should not hesitate to reach for my coat as the lake-effect only guarantees that it would reach the low of -30C at the peak of winter here.

Focusing on things that would keep me warm, I think of the relaxing evenings I have had since Friday. My weekend movies were adjusted to supply the commercialized festivities of Christmas with movies on the TV. While the TV is on, my hands were busy with the knitting needles. For a change to something more intelligent, I would pick up a book and read while being lulled by soft carols. Maybe I should put in some time for catching up with my correspondences too.

It will be another night of "Suemae-time" tonight. I look forward to heading back and whipping up myself something yummy before I collect my thoughts and stuff. Pray that the snow storm tomorrow will be VERY kind and not to hinder any travel plans.

No comments: