Monday, October 6, 2008

My Favorite Children Authors

My assignment for my Children's Literature class week ago was to read an autobiography of a children's author. The assignment was a challenge at first for I had trouble thinking about children's authors. I thought of my favorite authors like C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, but I was looking for someone more focused on writing for children. My mind turned to the things I love and what I could remember. I couldn't really decide on one, thus I picked three and did some research on all of them.

*click for more information

Some conclusions can be drawn immediately from my choice. (It is kind of scary as the choices reflect who I am to a great extent.)
  1. They are well known and considered as classic children's authors. (I am a sucker for the classics.)
  2. They were all English writers. (Hail the right use of the language and grammar! It reflects my educational background too.)
  3. These authors had their share of life challenges and produced what I think are the best books of all times. (Inspiration and encouragement.)
Although it might seem far fetched, but I reckon some of my boldness, wittiness, and thirst for adventure and life were greatly inspired by these good people. At the end, I brought two authors to class and narrowed down on Beatrix Potter (a dead giveaway as I love bunnies).

Beatrix Potter. Written and Illustrated by Alexandra Wallner

Beatrix Potter: The Story of the Creator of Peter Rabbit by Elizabeth Buchan

Beatrix Potter by John Malam

Who are your favorite authors? Care to share? I would love to learn from you.

No comments: