Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sleepy and Distracted Thursday

... (laughs) It is more like I am sleepy everyday of late. Somehow I seem unable to get any good rest or sleep these days. I could hardly get out of bed every morning since Sunday and that has been costing me my hours at work. Grr... I will be short of maybe 5 hours this week!

My homework pile has mutated into this grotesque and annoying beast. I have no one to blame but myself for procrastinating. Contrary to what everyone thinks, I can be a slob at times and without the OC organizing, I am just lost. I stayed up till 3 last night just to organize my homework and now I have an idea of the work that needs to be done. I talked with Dr. D yesterday and he said "Still swimming is good... Don't sink. Keeping one nostril out of the water is still ok."

Apart from the regular excuses, I am unable to do one of my assignments as it bugs me whenever I tackle it. An article for my Assessment for ESL class was due last Saturday but I had not been able to find the time since I went for the Basic Skills Test that day. After that, whenever I pick up the paper, I am simply challenged by the enormous burden of understanding the need for bilingual education. I sat down for 4 hours but still could not produce the needed response paper. The friendly RA came over to study and I ended up bouncing my thoughts off her for an hour. 2 days and a lunch conversation about the topic with my ESL focus supervisor later and I still am struggling with the paper.

And then of course, I am so ready for the semester to be over. Plans for Christmas and winter break has taken form and I even had a grocery list done for Christmas Eve, Christmas, Mom's Birthday, New Year's Eve, and New Year's dinner! I could even tell you the menu!

Well, there is just so much that needs to be done now. For today, let me just concentrate on getting through the day. I aim to squeeze at least 3 hours of work, play catch up and house-keeping during my practicum at Westminster (ooh, I need to get that Bulletein Board done soon), finish up all of my lesson plans for Middle School (5 more and an overview), and hopefully tackle my ESL workload. Hmm, I think the laundry needs to be done too...

No comments: