Monday, October 27, 2008

Snow in October

Brr... It is cold.

Checking the weather incessantly has weaved itself into my daily online routines. I check it before I finalize my preparations for the day, before I leave any building, before I sleep, and any other time in between. The warning since yesterday was that I should be expecting sudden freezing and flurries (snow but not exactly the type that would stay on the ground an accumulate).

And it did snow! Fancy that! Even before Halloween! Colleen and I were out for a drive yesterday and it started snowing as we made our way back to the car with our groceries at Woodman. Today, it was coming down like rain during class earlier and I was walking back to work with snowlike residue on my coat. Yup! I am getting my coats out and don't be surprised if I do pull out my long coat. I am so ready for gloves too!

*********************
Thank you for your prayer and support. After another weekend of procrastination, I am breaking the norm when I turned on my computer and found out Skype was working. I called home and spoke to Su-Anne, mom, and my grandparents, waking them up bright and early. I stayed up and finished up what was due today. I also checked my mid-terms grades for my classes and thank God I am doing ok. I pray that I would only do better and catch up with my work. There are many things that are bottled up in my head waiting to be blogged... I will get to that when I am all caught up with my workload. Have a great week ahead!

2 comments:

tabbydlim said...

oh hey! it snowed in chicago? it was supposed to snow in grand rapids today but I guess it's tonight. apparently we're going to have flurries of snow tomoro! (oh no!)

glad that your skype works. I know how it feels like when it doesn't work. :)

Eric said...

Always remember: God's not done with you yet.