Friday, October 24, 2008

Wanted by Inspiration or Force---MOTIVATION---Reward: One Happy Bunny

Dry and wilted is how I feel of late. I am fighting off thoughts that would plunge me into the catergory of being depressed, but I have learned that it is not my call.

**********************
Friday again. I guess my spirits will be lifted today. I was all dolled up for my reading buddy this morning. Unfortunately my spunky redhead was absent today, but I was not dissapointed with my time spent with Leslie. She is an ambitious reader and I am so proud of her when she spotted words like "emancipation." Good girl.

The reason I was specifically dolled up today was because it is FOUNDER'S DAY at Judson University. This was one of the RARE occasions when all roomies of 307 was present for chapel. B, Nem, and I was paying our dues as cultural ambassadors as be carry our flags in the processional, and Colleen was in the choir. I must say the 4 of us were dressed to impress. Anyways, chapel was good and it was packed. (Yes, the many rare occasions when professors are decked in their robes and many students were present since they will receive double credit hours for this day.)

I sang my heart out at the chosen hymns. I needed that. How I missed my days of choir and voice lessons. The choir then did a presentation of "Worthy is the Lamb," to me that was Handel's Messiah chorus No.53. It was strange hearing it in English and although the choir was good, I thought TCI's choir was WAY BETTER. We have life, we have good coordination, and I could hear the differences in why we sounded better under the wisdom of Tenda-sensei. I will be blasting the Messiah Commemoration CD made in celebration of TCU's 20th Anniversary when I get back to my room.

********************
Have you ever experience an immediate answer to prayer? I know I have some good ones. Well, this can be argued but I have just been thinking about how I miss having good guys around. Don't get me wrong, I love my roomies and my classmates who are nothing but wonderful, but I do miss having people around me who know, accept, and love me just the way I am and spoiling me in the gentleman/guy-kinda way. To my surprise, Mr. H, a classmate from Children's Lit, made an appearance at Financial Aid within the same hour those thoughts were running in my head! He is a dying breed of young men the world suffers. His momma brought him up right in being a gentlemen among the college students I have seen here. I think we only spoke, maybe 3 times since the end of August, but he came in today with no specific Financial Aid reasons just to say "Hi!" Bless his heart. That was sweet and it kinda made me feel good after facing social suicide at the Volkman lounge opening on Wednesday night.

***********************
I sincerely hope that this weekend will be a good one as I battle my homework. Yep... I am still swimming. Half of the semester has gone and 7 weeks left to the end of the semester. I seriously need motivation in finding joy these days. Do pray for me that I will be able to get through this rough patch.
***********************
Ending on a lighter note....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNIL!!!!

No comments: