Friday, August 22, 2008

Excitement

I am feeling all queasy in my tummy and I can't stop smiling ear to ear. Less than 12 hours to go!

*********************************************
My body is starting to ache. My days all week has been nothing but madness. I see myself limited to time, energy, and focus. I am reminded I am still human, but I am thankful that God helps me through the day without fail.

The great exodus from Ohio to Volkman was yesterday. I was starting to worry whether I will be able to get through the day as I had a commitment to help out Student Development all morning and had to check in with Financial Aid since I have been out all Wednesday. I finished up some filing and I was off to the dorms for the big move. I shared the dissapointment with my roommates in finding out that our apartment was not in the condition we expected. We were starting to get annoyed as we moved our stuff.

Man! We did have to move A LOT of stuff. We started around 3 and was only done with the assembling of our last piece of furniture around 11pm. In between we went out to get the most unhealthy food possible around 8pm. I was famished as the last meal I had was at 2pm the day before. As we unpacked a little as we waited for our turns for the shower and went to Woodman's to get stuff for breakfast. My roommies and I came back and I unpacked while they slept. I was finally done during the break of dawn, slept a little, and made breakfast of toast, bacon, and eggs.

I thought that having a job now would give me the discipline to sleep and rise early; on the contrary, I have been having late nights and lack the needed sleep. It had been a fun week with Pintess. I have been running around and although my body is pretty much worn out, I am looking forward to the weekend before school starts. (Yep, I checked my email on Wendesday and my classes has been pushed forward to start on Monday and some even come with an assignment due on the first class!) Whoop! Lucky me! (-_- #)

No comments: