Thursday, August 28, 2008

Only Fools Catch Colds in Summer

The familiar chain of sneezes hit me on Sunday. Strange. I haven't had this for a long time now. My eyes were smarting a little and my neck started to itch. Hmm, maybe I am allergic to something. A day after, a rash started to form below my chin. Yep, I must be allergic to something.

My days were nothing but crazy since Monday. My sneezes continued for the next few days but the numbers escalated yesterday. The sensitivity of my nose to smell has also increased. My throat started to feel weird since morning and I found it difficult to concentrate during my afternoon class. Thank goodness my evening class was cancelled as I was starting to feel woozy during dinner. I felt feverish and instead of doing some studying in the evening, I slept from 7:30pm till 9am this morning. Without a doubt, I am sick.

The change in weather and the drop in temperature could signify the end of summer, but hey, as the Japanese saying goes "only fools don't catch a cold" (or is it the other way round?). The title comes from a Taiwanese drama I used to watch, so where would the truth to the statement lie? I need rest and my body is telling me that. Since I did not pack any medicine neither am I familiar with the local drugs, I guess sleep would be best with heavy dosages of warm honey water and chamomile tea.

No comments: