Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Labor Day. I will definitely have more of these on a regular basis.

First week of school. One whole week and I survived, by taking in serious gasp of air. Am I getting to old for this? Am I putting too much on my plate? 16 credit hours of classes per week, at least 35 hours of practicum as teaching aid, assistant teaching in the Japanese lesson on campus, trying to clock in 20 hours of work weekly, out of class studying and homework... As time goes on, my schedule would be better defined. I hope I am able to pull through this.

Monday Tutor Japanese at 9. Walk 10 minutes to assistant teach at the Japanese class at noon. A close to 1km dash to the other end of campus for a 3 hour class right after that and hopefully manage to clock an hour in for work before dinner and another 3 hour class at 6:30.
*I am not a traditional student and am not required to be there. However, I have been there for every chapel for a week now.

Tuesday
Hopefully a full day's work at Financial Aid. That will be 9 hours if possible.

Wednesday
3.75 hours at work (?) 10 minutes walk to Japanese class, but this time I have close to an hours break to make the distance to the other end of campus and hopefully grab lunch on the way. 3 hour class from 2, but a crazy schedule will start at the end of the month.

Thursday
Hopefully another full day's work. 3 hour class from 6:30.

Friday Work. Japanese. Work. Possibly have a life.

Thank goodness I have the weekend for myself. There are late nights for studying and homework and I will not be idle during weekends. Don't worry, the schedule will pan out. I will know the details to my practicum within a week or two. My help in the Japanese class is for writing and after completing hiragana and katakana, I would only be there maybe once a week. I would be busy with other class requirements... With the amount I consume at meals, I guess it would be sufficient to fuel my mode of transportation. Things will work out... somehow.

It is a lot and I am exhausted. It is just the 1st week. I will get a rhythm soon. With your prayers, support, and encouragement, I WILL MAKE IT. It is my choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your journey will continue to be fullfilling.