Friday, September 12, 2008

Snazzy Dinner

Fridays have been special for me. I have been looking forward to the weekend as long as I can remember. From the fun days of choir and Friday Evening English Time to simply ending the blood-sucking work week, from weekends of just hanging out at Yoyogi park to locking myself in away from an environment I dislike... Now, Friday wraps up my crazy week and I get to hang out with my roomies.

We had dinner downtown today. Nem and B had to get their biometrics done at the embassies and was downtown since morning. Colleen, Preeti and I were to meet them for dinner after we are done with our agendas on campus. Although it has just been gloomy and muggy all day, we were glad that we are making the trip together.

It is without a doubt that if you spend enough time with each other and experience events together, you will soon learn a lot about your companions. Ever since I arrived I've heard that we have a Chicago expert among us. However, we got lost last night taking a major detour of 1 hour's walk to the dodgy part of the city, walked around a chocolate factory, but finally reached our destination in the rain. Well, I knew we were going in the wrong direction, but since my guides were so sure, I just took it as a work out to work up an appetite. My jeans and shoes were wet, but if I can walk into a restaurant looking decent and presentable, I am not too bothered by it at all. Nem and B got a little annoyed waiting for us as they were trying to get us a table. Colleen and Preeti were just annoyed that Nem kept calling and that we were lost. You could imagine the whole scenario.

Anyways, we did arrive safe and the mood at the table lightened up after we got warm and were fed. We were at Big Bowl, laughed the night away, and the trip back was not bad at all.

No comments: