Thursday, September 4, 2008

Water Level on the Rise

The temperature took an almost 10-15 degree Celsius drop today. Okay, to be fair, it started to get a little nippy yesterday. The remains of what was Hurricane Gustav was over us and rain was pouring non-stop all day. Plant operations had to bring out the water pump to syphon rainwater out of the pond to prevent possible flooding.

Observation for the day: Umbrellas are not common over here. Students are all in their hoodies which puzzled me for they are of sweatshirt material. Doesn't it absorb more water? Students strut into class wet... Am I the only one or everyone else is comfortable in that? I had to change my socks twice... Well, personal preference.

I guess with more people around me I am starting to feel the pressure of cultural differences come crashing upon me since classes begin. I am in the same spot all over again and it is difficult not to let it get to me. Why do I put myself through all this? Why do I step out of familiarity and take on something I have to start from scratch? I am whining, just a little. I am not ungrateful about it, it is just that I guess I do get a little tired sometimes. "Do or Die" ... no, wait. The better expression I was taught this week "sink or swim." Yeah, that is very much me. Just keep swimming. Yes. That is me.

No comments: