Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am SO ready for the weekend

Hah! 1 class to go and I will be done for the week. Well, it is not like I have any fun plans to look forward to. It will be just the same ol' agenda fending off procrastination and the 'slack bug,' while desperately trying to complete all my homework.

I guess I am burning out, fast. I just wished that there could be more hours in a day and I could have the concentration of a hawk. Classes are setting its pace but the mini projects in every method class is driving me nuts. It is worse when these assignments are graded above the other load of coursework I have for the same class. Nevertheless, I have learn to find joy in classes and entertain myself with the little tasks asked to perform.

For example, my Language Arts Methods class can be overwhelming when there is just so much the professor wants to cover. Her speed in speech matches Melody and the load of information just comes crashing down. You would know that I am giving up and need a break when I start to doze off. Anyways, the lighter part to the class is that we get to do activities in building a learning community (something we are being modelled to that we can use in our future classrooms). I love the artwork and have fun with crafts. Yesterday we even had "listening cupcake" where our partners would give us verbal directions on how they would like us to decorate their cupcake. Prof. Stombres provided the material and I had tonnes of fun, just like a kid. Maybe that is why I would enjoy teaching the elementary classroom as I like doing stuff kids do. We can all learn and play together. Now, wouldn't that be nice?

Thought for the week: My focus for this semester would be developing skills and lesson plans for ESL and Language Arts. (I guess that would be my focused content area.) My classes this semester will support and prepare me for that. I need to find the connecting point to integrate all of my classes to work in order for me to be on top of the pile of madness. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

No comments: