Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Battle Royale

The student organization on campus hosted an all-campus "Capture the Flag" event. It began at 10pm and would last till 11:55pm. It was a serious affair and over 300 signed up to play. I thought it would be fun as we had acres of land, but then again, people over here tend to take things a little WAY too serious.

Battle Royale. What a name! It reminded me of the Korean Action Thriller of high school students end up killing each other for the sake of survival. I got to see some action right in front of me too. Participants are all dressed in the same T-shirts. The only thing to distinguish the two teams were the words printed on the same colored Ts. One was gold and the other blue. It was really confusing as one wouldn't know unless they walk right up to the other person. There were shouts, screams, "Hand me your beans!" and people tearing across the campus either in pairs or in groups. Even a non-participant like me could feel the tension and excitement.

Nemma, Colleen and I went out to grab some snacks at Dunkin Donuts. It was past 11:30 and no teams had any flags yet. I wonder how long would the game go and what the outcome would be. Anyways, I should be studying for my test tomorrow. Middle School Methods. I am so ready to burn my book.

No comments: