Friday, September 19, 2008

届きました〜

It arrived! It arrived! I was told to expect something in the mail, but it sure top it off that I received my 1st birthday gift in the mail today! Yay!
I love it. The sweet and simplicity of how things should be. It goes with the dress Megu-chan made. It definitely put me in a very domestic mode.

Things are sure getting better. I have nothing specific for the day apart from a meeting with the teacher in charge of the class I will be teacher aiding this semester at 4:30. Even though sleep was not sufficient for the night before, I was already content with my day being able to chat with a darling on the phone. I went out with Colleen for a bank run around 7 and decided to get some groceries to make our usual family dinner. Before we left, I was sorting out my paperwork and found out that I actually received a raise in my pay. My first pay check was calculated on the minimum wage (since I was new to this school and all) but from my 2nd paycheck I was given the pay of a "senior" student. Sweet. It is just a 50cent raise, but no more complaints about that.

Amidst all the joy, I was in the mood for cake. Strawberries were on sale and I wanted to have strawberry short cake after dinner. Getting all our foodstuff, Colleen and I went back and shared a scrumptious dinner of chicken-rice, stir-fried spinach, prata, lentil curry, and guacamole with chips with our roomies. Our weekly family dinner ends up being a feast while watching DVDs. We had dinner while watching Failure to Launch. Dinner was very much an inspiration from the gift. After we ate, the movie continued as I prepared dessert with the option of tea. The sequence was very much like having dinner at Okasan's. I assembled the cake, and viola!
My roommates have officially dubbed me crazy for this and I found out to what degree my obsessive compulsive perfectionist madness is. It was the layering inside the cake that impressed them. "Well, everyone deserves pretty things!" I had fun and was actually "high" from making dinner and enjoying it with great company. We had fun, slacked Friday night away with She's the Man, and ending it with Shawshank Redemption.

I love my Friday nights. お母さん、ありがとう!

No comments: