Monday, September 15, 2008

An All Nighter

Desperation had driven me to ask Colleen to take us out for coffee. I need to finish up my homework before classes today. The strong brew entered my system at midnight and I have not slept a wink since. I had 2 assignments for Children's Lit and another 4 for ESL Methods. Since we didn't really have to evacuate after all, the flood excuse would not suffice.

My brain must be deteriorating. I am taking far longer to finish up papers than when I used to. Either that my mind is not as fit as it was, or I am putting more effort into my work. It took me close to 6 hours to write a 2-page journal article response, in hopes that both content and writing mechanics are of superior standard. Good thing I just have to proof read the other paper for the same class, I was done with my homework for Children's Lit by daybreak.

My body was thrashed. It is telling me to sleep. I tried, but I can't. I ended up doing some reading but just could not concentrate. I had my encounter with Preeti Ratatouille. It was running around in front of the TV, climb on the the side of the love seat where B usually is, and did a back flip. Hmm, very entertaining at 6 in the morning. It was around 7 when I started preparing myself for the day. I was planning to get breakfast since I had to get to somewhere to wash up as the water was not back. By 7:15 creaks were heard. I turned the faucet and there was water! I ended up cleaning the apartment and went to work around 8.

It has been months since I pulled an all-nighter. (Ok, I cheated a little dozing off at work.) But I was like a wired robot all afternoon before taking dips in ESL class in the evening. (I didn't finish my homework after all and asked for grace for them to be submitted by Wednesday.) I got back to the room past 9:30, took a long shower and worked on some "emergency" emails. Sunil sure knows how to catch my attention. Anyways, I'd better hit the sheets before I come down with a cold.
Good night and sweet dreams! (_ _)zzzz.....

No comments: