Friday, August 1, 2008

キャア!!!ナマクジだ!きもいい!

The heat of the afternoon is getting to us. Staying indoors in stuffy air just makes me sleepy. I wanted to read, to break free from my addiction to the computer. I didn't manage to get far into the book before I fell asleep on the bed.

I woke up from my nap and continued where I left. N came into my room and we decided to go for a walk and read at our secret place. The greenery of the trees and the sound of swirling water, that would cool us down. Although the mosquitoes were a menace, but the breeze picked up and it was rather pleasant.

We spent about an hour there. We packed our stuff and started our walk back. I picked up the strap of my backpack, ready to swing it over my shoulder, when I felt a cool gel like feeling. Wait! What could it be? I looked at my right palm. Eeek! A slug! I had water in my mouth so I started making weird noises and flicked away the grossest thing I ever saw. N chuckled at my antics. I stared at the slimy trail left on the strap of my bag. It was gross. It reminded me of leaches.

Yep. It was my first live encounter with a slug. ナマクジ(namakuji) as they say it in Japanese.
Eww, gross!

No comments: