Thursday, August 14, 2008

Over the Hurdle

My summer course are over. Finally, I am done with the final class of my third course since my arrival. The coursework for Social Science Methods (Elementary) was crazy! There were almost 9 projects to be completed in 4 weeks! I am glad that everything is done now. It was a long summer for some of us, and some of my classmates and I went out to Benningan's for "dessert" after our presentation in celebration. What would one have at an American Irish pub? NV bought the first round of drinks and I had a Guinness, and my 2nd drink on the house was a margarita. Since I had nothing to eat all day, I got myself a burger and enjoyed the evening getting to know my classmates better. A summer with people from the cert only program was fun, the adult kind of way.

Now, technically I am class free for 2 weeks, but since things are the way they are... I will spend my time at Financial Aid during the day, and work on my portfolio which is due when I have my interview on Monday. N's sister is coming to visit from Sunday till Thursday, I reckon we will be moving out of Ohio to Volkman somewhere in between her stay. Orientation starts on Friday till August 26, and since I am not a traditional student or "new" anymore, I am staying as a helper while learning up whatever I have not been informed. I finally have my "come back" to those who frequently ask me whether I travel around the country when I study abroad, "As if I have the cash to do that." Sigh. For those who says it is fun being a student, I do agree to a degree: however, saying that to a person who is going back to study with limited funding is not very nice.

So, I guess I am stuck doing what I have to do. Working on my portfolio is tedious with a tinge of fun. I feel like a school kid working on putting materials into my file, but because I am who I am, I tend to be little-Miss-Perfectionist at it. I was up till 3:30 am working on the deviders and I hope to get everything else done by tonight. I need to start on my letter to G to work out my finances after.

"How do you eat an elephant?"
"One bite at a time."

No comments: