Thursday, July 31, 2008

今日の夕ご飯はカレーだった! うまい〜

The heat is getting unbearable. The sun seems to be shinning with a vengeance and the humidity is the evil accomplice. My chants of snow summoning seem to hardly work. It started raining a little today, but the storm passed over so quickly that a trail of mugginess was left behind, adding on to the torture of summer madness. Oh, how I wish I can just hit the beach and go surfing!

I know I complain and whine a lot, but it just shows that I am human. Initial plans were made upon my arrival ensuring that my new life at Judson will be set up and settled in within 2 weeks, but well, things never really go according to plan. I do get annoyed and start to worry; however, looking back at my final weeks in Macao did teach me a lot. My recent worries seem trivial.

My trip to the Social Security Office was finally made possible! Yep, it means that I got a job! My volunteer work hour are completed and Financial Aid is hiring me to continue my help with office housekeeping and assistance. The pay is not as fancy as what I was paid back in my college years at TCU, but hey, it is a start. I heard that I might get a second job soon. Do pray for me that they would hire me. I need to pay tuition on August 12. Having an income would help.

At the end of July and two months behind schedule, I am slowly getting thing set up here. Even though I might not be moving out when expected, or into the room I wanted, but nothing beats cooking a good meal and sharing it with friends. I made Japanese curry, pasta, and Chinese veggie stir-fry. It was a scrumptious dinner.

Heads up for another month in the home of the brave!

1 comment:

suemae said...

Thanks for your comment and suggestion. I never thought that my blog would actually be read by people I don't know, but hey, it is always great to make new friends!

Thank you, once again for the encouragement.