Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It has been a while...

In the process of getting my act together, I went through the process of getting a drastic change. I got a new haircut.

P hooked me up with a free haircut at SpaBlÜe. My recent cheesy sense of reasoning thought that getting a haircut would do me good. Hmm, but how should I do my hair?

The last time I was at the salon was somewhere in the last week of April. I wanted to get a new look then but decided to keep my hair. I know I have nice long hair. My selfish ego wanted to grow my hair as long as possible, my competitive self wanted to have the longest hair among my sisters, and the cheeky me wanted to have hair long enough to go topless if I wanted.

I have been contemplating all day whether should I stick to the same ritual I have when going to the salon, "Just trim off an inch and shape my locks. I plan to grow my hair some more." I love my hair as I can have it straight or the sexy waves and curls. I have received a good number of compliments and "Suemae, your hair is beautiful. Please don't cut it." My hair was at its longest ever, below my waist.

Well, I guess it is time for a change. A real change. I am currently at a new chapter of my life and I guess I should start afresh. Enough of people fitting me into the stereotype of being prim and proper, the spoiled princess, with my long hair. Just cut it. It will grow again. So, here goes...

P, N, & I went to SpaBlÜe. P & I got a new look each. When we were done, the pile of hair looked like a small animal had died. P took off about 5 inches and mine could easily be a foot to 15 inches. The girls liked my new look. The three of us hung out at The Village Squire by the river for dinner. They thought I look chic. Minga screamed when she came pick us up after dinner. Adrienne who saw us before we left came in as she did not believe that I chopped my hair off. K found me in the lounge and I guess "My goodness!" "My gosh!" would be reactions I hear for the next week or two.

So, how do I look? It is really different. I hope it is good. I am missing my long hair. I should have kept a thin braid for memory. But hey, Cheers to a brand new start!

5 comments:

Eric said...

Wow. That looks fantastic!

suemae said...

Thank you. I am glad you like it. I got up this morning and... where is my hair??? I would need time to get used to it.

Frostbitphoenix said...

Wow, you did take it off, didn't you? But it looks good. Different, but good.

We just finished up with the intensive course *woot!* Now it's time to start packing and getting ready for the long flight home :(

Talk to you soon!
-Matthew

Suzanne said...

I think this style suits you a lot. It look really nice, sophisticated and chic!

lyn said...

LOL a bit slow in commenting...

but u look good in your hair - very professional look :>