Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What People Lack Here is the Sense of Common Courtesy

Okay. Maybe that is too strong of a statement.
I got out of the wrong side of the bed.


I was awaken today by a stranger walking into my room. Crap, visitors... students who will be joining JU in August. Still, what the hell is people walking into my room when I am still in bed? Seriously, this is my private space. Permission should be asked. Okay, giving the benefit of the doubt that I should be as accommodating as possible, at least you should give me some sort of notice. I had my delicates hung out to dry in my room and stuff are not organized as usual due to my late nights. It is not logical to turn the tables and say that it was my wrong in any way. This was not the first time. I gave the "tour guide" a piece of my mind. Her excuse, "your room was open at that time." Oh come on, you should have got keys from the administrator and show visitors the empty rooms on the 2nd floor. Common sense, my dear, common sense!

Things got worse when the water was turned off. It is summer and it is freaking hot and humid. Every normal person would want to take a shower whenever possible. I had a presentation in the evening and I desperately need to wash my hair. Great! So, after a not so pleasant wake up call, I can't even wash up. I waited till M came back from class as she was an RA. She tried to get access so that we could use the showers at the Harm Weber Building. I couldn't wait and needed to use the bathroom badly, so PK and I got us stuff and went over to the men's dorm instead.

Incidents like such would never happen at TCU. Miyo was my room mate and she was actively involved in open campus where she showed off our room when visitors wanted to see how living in the dorms would be like. She informed me when I moved in to be room mates with her, reminded me a week before and on the day itself. She would clean the room and made sure that I was up (at least). Living in the dorm had its rules but we were well notified by Nomura-san or Kawamura-san if there is going to be a power-cut, 2 weeks to a month beforehand!!!

Well, it is different over here. I just have to live with it.

No comments: