Sunday, July 6, 2008

Picnic

It happened again. I overslept from the time I meant to get up. When I got out of bed, I hardly had 20 minutes to prepare for church. The madness has to stop. This is the last straw.

I was invited to a picnic at church. First Baptist Elgin was having a 4th of July weekend picnic. The church grounds were adorned with marquees and BBQ grills. Everyone was looking forward to the end of the service. After feasting at the Lord's table and the sermon, the congregation moved outside into the beautiful July weather. There were tables and tables of food. My 4th of July weekend could not get more American. Soon, everyone was enjoying hot-dogs and hamburgers, salad and apple pie, dessert and ice-cream from Dairy Queen. It was also an opportunity to meet JD's family and some staff of JU. I bet every one of the international students who were invited had their fill of the yummy food and enjoyed the day.

All went well this weekend. Apart from the lack of order in my sleep routine, I am slowly snapping out of the negative mood swing. I have watched so much TV over the weekend that I felt compelled to pluck myself out of the sofa and throw the TV out. Even the couch has an indent of my bottom. A new week ahead... time to get busy.

No comments: