Saturday, July 5, 2008

Chicago. Chicago.

With a tight embrace and a warm peck on my cheek, he said, "I miss you very much." The strapping adorable young man pulls away. He was the only guy now who would say something like such and send my knees weak. I smile as I gaze upon the face that resemble the cuteness of Haley Joel Osment. I see Ron.
(My dreams are getting highly detailed of late. My memory of them as been expanding too. I am way too stressed and thus having high-definition dreams in sound and color.)

"Suemae..." P and N appeared at my door all dressed up for the day.

"CRAP!!... I am so sorry. What time is it? I was totally wiped out. What time do we have to go? I'll be ready in 10 minutes. Sorry." It was the fastest ever I got ready. I washed up, threw on my dress, and packed my stuff to continue the morning rituals on the go. (o_O#)

...:::x:::...

We were on the bus heading towards Elgin's Metra station. Today, we were going downtown. I couldn't help but kept apologizing. P told me to shut up as we were early despite me waking up late. We made it for the expected hourly train, but boarded on that was an express to Union Street Station. By 11, the trio was walking towards Grant Park, where the annual Taste of Chicago was held.

It was a beautiful day and the 3 of us took a stroll amidst the crazy crowds of people feasting our eyes on the events and food surrounding us. The smell of various exotic foods were intoxicating. We got our food and drinks by exchanging them with the tickets we bought. We found a spot in the shade and had a picnic. The crowd grew as we walked some more in the park. They were live bands and activities for kids. It was like a fair ground with a Ferris wheel, carousel, and all. We snacked on Polish food and got some Italian ice-cream before heading towards National Street for some retail therapy.

ENCOUNTERED WITH A CHALLENGED MAN.We walked for a while and sat in front of Barnes and Noble. While we were sitting a homeless man stood in front of me and the next 5 minutes or so was simply bizarre. He started speaking to me and I tried to be polite. But then he just gawked and stared, and I tried to ignore him. Then he just started looking at my legs and feet, and dusted his clasped hands. Thank goodness he kept his distance of 3 feet; otherwise, I might have done something I might regret. Soon he just walked off. We were wondering whether he wanted my seat when all the other seats were empty. The conclusion was, he is mad. Strange.

The retail therapy lasted until our feet hurt. We searched for a Starbucks, had a caffeine break there before making our way back to the station and the dorms. I now know go to get myself downtown via public transport, I will be back for the parks, museums, and art galleries later.

It was a productive day, my spirits lifted, and now I am back in the dorms, enjoyed a wonderful shower. My tummy is filled with the scrumptious pasta P made and have been rotting in front of the TV watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban and August Rush. What a day!

No comments: