Saturday, July 12, 2008

Skype Down

It is rather annoying when paid services do not work when you want to use them.

I finally found the time and need to speak with some people and when I tried using Skype, it just would not work. At first, everything was working "fine." I could send out and receive regular chat messages until I tried to make Skype calls. Around Wednesday till Friday, my calls were not "processed." I dialed the number, but there was no ringing tone. after waiting for about a minute of silence "Error 1002: Unable to connect" appeared on the calling window. I tried logging out of Skype and trying again, everything else work but the call would not get through. I reported the problem.

I even tried logging out of my PC, restart, but it still did not work. Then, I did a test run trying to log on with a remote computer, everything worked well, even the calls! However, when the test was over and I tried logging on Skype with my Mac once more, this time, I could not even connect to the server. I could not log in at all. Grrrr...

The problem was starting to annoy me and I reported the problem with updates with the additional non-working functions. I received a reply regarding what I could possibly do, like restarting Skype, etc. I even un-installed Skype and reinstalled it! IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!

HELP. Someone, if you do know how to fix the problem, kindly supply me with your assistance. I will have to wait till Monday to go see the PC wizards at Tech Support. At the meantime, being unable to connect to people I wish to speak with is simply annoying. Well, I guess I have to be patient. I am starting to rely on modern technology a little too much. So, in the mean time, if you wish to communicate, emails will do. You could leave a message here, or get me on google chat or MSN. You could easily find me if you know my full name and spelling.

No comments: