Tuesday, July 1, 2008

20 [6 months] 08

2008 has reached its midway mark. 6 months is gone and we find ourselves in the month of July. Since humans charting the measurement of time, we are conscious about our days and keeping tract of changes around us.

6 months ago, in January, I was at Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong, with Susan and Elisa, venting away my life in Macao, and toasting to a new year filled of dreams come true. 5 months ago, in February I spent my first Lunar New Year alone, watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S, snacking on ChipsAhoy, and couldn't wait to leave the special administrative region of China. 4 months ago, March was spent with family as I traveled to UK for Rajiv's wedding at Birmingham, had fun with Suzanne in London and Glasgow, and entertained the family when they visited Macao. 3 months ago, it was a very challenging time for me as I faced the turbulent change of quitting my job, relocating to Malaysia, and prepared myself for the move to America. 2 months ago, I was in Japan with loved ones who I miss dearly, having so much fun together. 1 month ago, I am already here, in Chicago, settled in and attending school as aspired since the summer of 2004.

Looking back, much has indeed happened over these few months. Breaking it down to the details of what came to pass, it is overwhelming. Thank God for hindsight that I am able to see how blessed I am. This is a huge change for me, and although may see me childish or ignorant, I never thought that I would be living a life like this. I should complain and vent less about my life. Many see me as living the dream life of a true traveler. The various changes constantly sets me off a new adventure. I get tired, but I find my strength in the Faithful One.

Thank you for your prayers and support. Without you, I would never have the strength and courage to be doing what I am today.

A toast indeed to 2008, a year of change and to dreams coming true. It is also a year of happiness through weddings and celebrations. May God bless us all.

No comments: