Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bunny Mind and Function

Psychology has always been one of my favorite subjects in the humanities. I find this discipline extremely helpful in bringing equilibrium in the crazy life of the bunny. Concepts and theories of the study of the human mind and function has been giving insights to all the whys I have been asking since I could remember. I would say I am complicated, but would that just be a reflection of the egoncentrism according to Piaget's Theory of Cognition?

I used to think that I am one kid with a seriously messed up head. Internal conflicts plagued my thoughts as I always thought by being told that it is all within the mind. However, it is by addressing such issues in my head and using life experience that I am able to seek peace in finding out that environmental factors beyond my control have part in forming my thoughts and the development of my mind. With what I have learned from conversations and time spent with significant people, I am able to use psychology to highlight the times when I was in distress and how I was practicing therapy. Thank God for wisdom and knowledge in this area that I am not a cracker now. Am I strong? Being politically correct, I would say I am resilient.

From the issues of middle child-syndrome to dealing with the passage of adolescence, I am thankful for every incident of my life that makes it as wacky and crazy as it is today. My lessons and independent studies in my tertiary educational years have helped me solidify my thoughts and I plan to use my strengths in this discipline to help others. I may not be a professional or licensed practitioner but I have been commended for being a good counselor and pseudo-therapist. My top patient is myself! How great it is that I have some strengths in this area that I do not have to go seek professional help that would cost thousands!

In challenging times I get to see things from an array of perspectives unknown to most people. Yes, people often think that I am crazy, but I have my ways and if I am still functioning well physically, emotionally, socially, and mentally without being on any medication I would say that I am THAT good. Putting self-esteem and efficacy aside, by taking this subject seriously I am also slowly getting to know the threats I put myself into. The latest findings is that I am slightly bulimic, or rather, facing bulimia nervosa in the early stages. I might be denying it by giving myself reasons that I love my food and can't stop eating, but in those excuses lie the truth coupled with my emotional roller-coaster of constant fear and despondence that in fact the eating disorder is within me. Have no worries, it is still at the wee-early stages and I do not think I have the guts to go puke myself silly.

Well, that is of the latest of my psychological issues apart from my psychosocial war fares of depression. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde lives!

No comments: