Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Trip To The Bridal Shop

"NO WAY!!!"
"THAT SOON?"
"REALLY?"

M and I went for a drive to Schaumburg today. We went to David's Bridal in search for a dress. A bride's maid's dress. When I stepped into the store a wave of emotions hit me like never before...

It brought back memories of Dad's wedding, and it gave me a glimpse of the future. To M, she was in a candy store. We were greeted with rows upon rows of bridal gowns on the right and dresses for the rest of the bridal party and prom dresses on the left. The place was huge and just by surveying the premises increased adrenaline.

M tried on the dress that was chosen for her while I scout around the store. In about 2 hours, we picked out the dress, ordered the right size, chose shoes and placed an order to have it dyed. We even had time to look at other dresses, matching purses and man! What an experience!

The best part about the trip is that M bought a beautiful dress (in addition to the bride's maid's dress that she was supposed to get) for only USD 30! $30 from the original price of $155!!! What a sale! I am happily content that I got to be a part of the whole experience, but returned with a brochure or two for "reference and concrete planning." We will be heading back to the store again when M tries on the bride's maid's dress that was ordered for a fitting. Hmm, I was a good girl for not diving into buying a dress today, but who knows?

No comments: