Monday, June 23, 2008

Checking In

My phone rang twice for me in the last 72 hours. This happens to be a BIG things since I do not get calls much. The first of the self-proclaimed-handsome-guys invited me over to a small dinner get-together in spending time with S before he leaves, and AT called last night to check in with me since he hasn't seen me online of much and was wondering how I am holding fort in Chicagoland.

I am spinning WAAAAY off axis over here. Even though my daily schedule is pretty packed with civil labor in exchange for housing assistance and should be working on my homework, I have been preoccupied being a slacker that I have totally messed up my dates. I thought Father's Day was yesterday and only found out on Saturday by looking at the calendar that the 1st fell on a Sunday. That was why it did not seem to be that when everyone else in America was celebrating Father's Day a week ago, I thought things were different here. How dare I even open my mouth when I made a mistake. EMBARRASSING!!!!

School work is starting to pile up. I have an important test tomorrow and a research paper due on Thursday. Great! (>_<) And what have I been doing all these while in my free time? Socialization is good; therefore, chilling with N & S and TV time with M seems justified. I do deserve a spanking for spending too much time on my addiction for online games and reading manga. (o_O)!

Back to the phone calls... It is nice that I am able to carry a decent conversation with at least one of my ex-es. It was not just small talk but up-to-date ongoings about our lives and thoughts, fears and comfort. While I find it absolutely challenging to even exchange pleasantries with others who fall into the same category, I guess I am able to do so with AT is that time did make a difference. We were much younger then and I guess he was the guy who did give me the chance to work things out in my slower-than-average timing when it comes to dealing with emotional distress.

Well, it is good to be able to speak with someone who already knows me for who I am. Even though I do enjoy the company here and the new friends made, I still hesitate about talking too much about myself as I just wish to keep a low profile for now. The cycle starts the same way in every new setting. Nonetheless, my thanksgiving goes out to the people God has blessed me with the opportunity to be with.

No comments: