Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The American Toll

Spotting a t-shirt/farmer's tan, bug bites that lasts for a least a week, deteriorating complexion, and the American food culture building up in my system, I think I am having a case of 六月病(roggatsu byou). I feel tried and the mood swings are on rampant. I have tonnes that need to be done but see myself slacking off, succumbing to waves of emotions. This is pathetic. I guess this is a spin off the Japanese 五月病(gogatsu-byou), a psychological phenomenon that settles in the month after a big change. Excuses? Maybe...

Maybe this is just the time of the year in my books that I feel down pretty easily. Time to whip out the ice-cold front and the iron lady in me. I have pretty lost my appetite but I eat more than needed to compensate for something. MAN! THIS IS DEPRESSION... yeah right.

Classes are going on fine but I am slacking with my work. My volunteer work hours are going just 'great,' but I do hope that I will be able to get some form of a steady income soon. I can't even go for retail therapy as I need to be frugal in order to pay upcoming tuition, not to forget that since I do not have my wings, I am pretty much grounded on campus unless someone drives me out. Having no income yet I have to commit myself to picking up after people's trash, weeding and gardening, paperwork...need a car, need a driving license... It sure sucks to be me.

Let me rant! The Prof tried to loosen us a little before the exam yesterday evening saying "At least you know where you will be 6 months from tomorrow." Christmas. Great... where will I be?

I seriously need to meet more people. I am not being an ingrate left last week and Sunny leaves today. as I do enjoy the time I have in the summer-all-women's-dorm, but it is only natural for the bunny to have some male friends. I have made friends with 2, and spend a lot of time having the best of times; however, Hiroshi left yesterday and Sunny leaves this evening. Pfffft... This is the best time for the boys to come to the rescue. HINT HINT HINT! ... ... ... sigh.

Well, emotions only lasts for 30-45 seconds. It is only when we feed our thoughts and time on it that it stretches itself out and lasts for hours or even days. Time to crack the whip and get some work done. Yep... drowning myself in work would help... maybe.

No comments: