Saturday, June 14, 2008

Party On Bunny!

It is a record for my social life this year being invited to parties 2 Fridays in a row. This time is was a "real" party. Although the crowd was small, it was just people hanging out while music played and people danced. I succumb to one of my vices and enjoyed a night of conversations with new friends made. My most enjoyable event of the evening was the game of spoons which started at the beginning of the night, took a break, and finished off the evening at about 2am!

SPOONS? Some of us know it as the card game of "heart attack." Every player starts off with 4 random cards and the objective of the game is to get a complete set of the matching "number." A card will be passed from a neighbor. One picks it up to see whether it is the card desired; otherwise, it would be passed along. 4 cards in every hand at all times. Once a player gets a complete set, s/he will reach for a spoon from the pile of spoons (a number less than the number of players) in the middle of the table and everyone soon follows. The person who does not have a spoon loses.

I was sitting next to Hiroshi and he started calling my name out prompting me to pass cards along faster. Soon the whole table started chanting my name and that lasted the whole night. For the first 10 rounds or so, people were just saying that until someone asked what it meant, and I went "That is my name." It is sure not easy to keep a low profile. We were inspired to play "ultimate spoons" where the spoons will be hidden around the room... kinda extreme...
(o_O)!

The party was a proper farewell to Hiroshi but we were waiting for Minga to show as it was also a surprise birthday party for her. She did not come, thus we moved the party back to the dorm on campus. N and I woke Minga from her sleep and we sang in whispers and hung out for another hour or so.

Now that is what I call, a FRIDAY NIGHT!

No comments: