Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer is...

... fun in the sun!


I just got back from Six Flags Great America! Although a little toasted, stuffed on junk food, and exhausted, I had so much fun spending the day with the Ls and some international students (past, and present).

I love amusement parks, and being in America... Man! Amusement parks here are home to many cool rides and numerous roller-coasters. As a matter of fact, I think I have been on a little too many roller-coasters today that my head is starting to hurt (or was it caused by the heat?). In our 9 hours spent there, I think we covered a good number of rides, ranging from the traditional park attractions to the crazy contraptions that challenges G-force to the max. My favorite rides were Superman (it is a roller-coaster ride with our backs aligned to the ramp and having all fours dangling as if we were flying) and King Chaos (where we flipped madly 360. I could feel my belt moving towards my shoulders and my necklace tickling my nose).

Let's see... I can't remember the exact order but I think I got the first and last ride right.

Columbia Carousel
Batman, the ride
Chubasco M, P, and I shared a cup and we were sliding back and forth being tossed around. We laughed so much till our sides hurt. Minga's cell phone fell out of her pocket, but thank goodness I found it lying on the mat when the ride was over.
Whizzer
Raging Bull
Roaring Rapids
What is a day out at the amusement park without getting wet?
Viper
Vertical Velocity I like this ride a lot. We started off immediately in high speed going back and forth. It was really neat.
Triple Play
The Orbit
Superman: The Ultimate Flight
Sky Trek Tower
Giant Drop
Fiddlers' Fling
King Chaos

Big Easy Ballons
You may check out details to the ride by clicking here. And enjoy more pictures by clicking here.

My throat is sore and I bet I have work to prepare for Thursday since I missed my first class of Human Development and Growth...
(^_^ ;) but it was all worth it! I sure hoped that I could have shared the day with Matthew and Sunil. I know they would have loved it too!

No comments: