Thursday, June 5, 2008

What Did I Get Myself Into...

I find myself sitting at the front row of the classroom in amazement. How could it be that a man of his late 40s or maybe even, early 50s be THAT energetic. The classroom layout was definitely for adults. Nevertheless, we had coffee and doughnuts, cookies and juice on the tables at the side of the room. On the desks, there are colored markers, labeled papers, sweets, and candy. Sitting through an orientation with Dr. D was informative and fun. I felt like a kid back in school being taught by the best teacher in the world.

Adults we all were in the room. As we go through the handbook, I found out that there is just so much to do in my few months here. By November, I should have everything ready. This is definitely no summer to slack. I need to get things done. I need to work that calendar. Even more, I need to be hitting the books.

I think I have made up my mind. I will take on the path to be a generalist. It sure seems like a lot of work till my first state exam, and I have no allowance for failure. Even more so, I need strength, discipline, and prayer. No more procrastination. I have to monitor my online game addiction and other internet vices. I am going to be a teacher and I have to be DEAD serious about it.

There is an invitation to a farewell party tonight. Maybe I should go. It will be a farewell to the sloth in me too. Party on!

No comments: