Friday, May 30, 2008

Cracking the Whip

Come on, Bunny. You can do it. Pull yourself together. All you need is DISCIPLINE.

I have been at Judson for 26 days. Even though I arrived at the beginning of the institution's summer vacation, I have classes and coursework that needs to be done. The subject is challenging and the coursework is just as engaging. Nevertheless, with proper time management, I would have done just fine.

The problem is that I have been slacking, procrastinating, and submitting to sloth. I guess the works in the noggin thinks that I am on holiday in comparison to the past 2 years in the workforce. I used to be running about juggling a plateful of other things and I still managed to keep on the top of things. My responsibilities today definitely seems easier than what I was juggling with during my senior year. So, hop to it, Bunny.

I will be wrapping up my course on Educational Psychology on Tuesday. This means that I have to complete all of my research, assignments, and prepare for the final exam on June 3. In order to be waived from paying summer housing, I should get in 150 hours of volunteer work by August. I also should get an on campus job soon to get a social security number. Technically, I should be visiting the local schools now to try to get exposure in teaching, but since the school year ends next week, I guess I have to put that off till Fall. And last but not least, I should get my driving license done soon. (I was foolish to have left my Malaysian driving license at home. I could use it for a year here. Sigh!)

So, yeah... things have to be done and I should not be lazing around, sitting in front of my computer everyday playing online games and watching stuff off the Internet. Hanging out in the lounge with friends in the evenings should be balanced too.

Time to get some work done.
DISCIPLINE, woman. DISCIPLINE!

No comments: