Saturday, May 17, 2008

Striking Similartities

With my limited knowledge about the big world, I am only able to make associations to events and experienced I have encountered in my short life span on the planet. I have learned to appreciate the seasons and should really be outside enjoying the sun on this beautiful day, but since I had been procrastinating and distracted by my new toy, I had better stay indoor to finish up my work.

Talking about work, my current class brings back memories from my days at TCU. I am starting to wonder whether all psychology professors, regardless of their focus topics, went through the exact same education process as the way classes are carried out, study notes, and class activities are strikingly similar. Oh, how I miss Sugitani-Sensei.

Also, we had the rare opportunity to be meeting on a Saturday today, we were given treats! My current class/course are mainly taken by adults who have attained their degree, some even are currently teaching in the local schools, but came back to take courses to be certified as teachers. Juggling these courses and a full time work is seen to be hard and we are also moving in a fast pace in completing a semester's course in 5 weeks. This morning, I entered the classroom and there was a spread of breakfast! Dr. W brought sweet rolls, while Dr. D provided us with fruits, bagels, doughnuts and coffee. Yummy! At least I am fed and awake for class!

Man, it is great to be back in school again; especially one that reminds me so much of the wonderful times I had at my Alma mater. Grace, in abundance. Forgive me of being a stereotype if I may use the expression here, but I sincerely believe such "generosity" can only happen in an environment where people understand, have received grace themselves, and are compelled to do what they can so that others may come to know of grace unlimited.

No comments: