Thursday, May 15, 2008

What A Day!

I saw my first raccoon this evening on my way to class. The masked dog caught my attention scraping down the slope before catching me eye-to-eye. I smiled, thinking to myself "How cute! That explains the unidentified poop I see on the paths!" (We have all kinds of animals on campus. Now I can identify 3 kinds of poop if I see them: geese, deer, and raccoon. I bet I'd be able to recognize the poop associating it to the animal I see. [Man, wouldn't the biology lecturer and the pet-lover back home be proud!])

That started the ball rolling for good things to come. I was rather annoyed that I was not prepared for class today. But knowing that my new MacBook arrived early this morning excited me. However, being a techno-illiterate, I had troubles setting it up and faced problems with the wireless connection on campus. The annoyance did not get to me but I dread to leave my new toy for class.

As I approached the the Education Department building, I bumped into Dr. D, who was trying to locate me all day. He had an extra ticket for Avalon tomorrow and would love for me to join him and his family for dinner before that. That boosted my spirits for my upcoming 3.5 hour class! Things started to get better when I found out that I did pretty good on my test on Tuesday and aced the assignment given. (Laughs) Now, I just have to keep up the good work and work on what is due in the next 32.5 hours.

But hey, I bumped into some international students in the dorm and they were going to hang out at Selina's place for a movie night. It is summer after all... So, after watching Sweet Home Alabama over sugar and caffeine free coke, an orange popsicle, and some mini pizzas, I managed to log on in my room hassle free! What a day!

No comments: