Sunday, May 4, 2008

A New Chapter Unfolds

Hear ye, hear ye! If you had noticed the countdown clock on the left of the page, it runs out today! Through the hustle and bustle of the past month, I am blogging to you from the Land of Lincoln. This bunny sends her warmest greetings to you from Illinois, United States!

I arrived at Chicago O'Hare International Airport around 2:30pm after a 12 hour flight from Tokyo. Disoriented and jet lagged, I was picked up from the airport and ferried to my new home, just 30-45 minutes away by car. I checked into the dorms and found it totally amusing how the system is similar to what we had back at Tokyo Christian University. I had to go through my check list and was glad that it was in English. I was totally wiped out and slept till around 9:30 before heading out for dinner with Minga, the international student from Chad who is doing a post bachelor leading to a Masters Degree in Architecture.

Guess where did I have my first meal in the States? DENNY'S! (Hysterical laughs!) Ah, what fond memories I have from Japan and it compliments the newness and difference of this all American all day breakfast chain. Minga and I had a good time getting acquainted and we later took a drive to the neighboring neighborhood to collect her stuff from the family she was staying with the last 2 weeks. Dinner and midnight drive, what an adventure!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hellooooo... good to know you have arrived safely. I'm so looking forward to read stories of your new life and environment. I'm sure it will be good!

Also looking forward to see you soon! Big big hugs!!

*cq* said...

in US already! *gasp*

urs is a very good testimony that God does not allow our sufferings to go beyond the grace that He extends for us...

like 1 Peter 5:10 "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

looking forward to ur exciting updates! ;p