Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memoirs of My Week in Japan

Exactly a month ago today, I landed in Japan for my one week of leisure transit as I make my way to Chicago. I remember walking out into the familiarity of Narita airport and the April weather. Yanagisawa-sensei gave me a ride back to TCU and we had a good time catching up. My week in Japan was refreshing and I am thankful to be able to see loved ones again.


MONDAY I found Baileyna in the dorms we just chilled out in her room. Later I meet the boys for dinner. Mark, Matthew, Matthias, Sunil, and I head on over to Gusto (smiles) and had a great time there. It was good to see them all again. Matthew accompanied me as I shopped around the mall for necessities, and we had coffee at Starbucks when Hannah bumped into us. Oh yes, it was this evening that I developed the pictures in the disposable camera, and hung out at McD's laughing over the good times. We returned to campus, making a stop at Ken's park, and I spent the night at ChingBoi's.

TUESDAY SHAR just started at お茶の水女子大学 at the beginning of April, and fate gave us the opportunity to meet in Japan, the land of our dreams. The last I saw her was September last year. We have been encouraging and supporting each other during the long period of waiting and confirmations of our universities. I really wanted to see her again and made my way downtown Tokyo. It was 昭和の日. I made use full use of my holiday ticket and spent my morning shopping at Harajuku. I later went to meet SHAR at Ikebukuro and we were soon riding on the Yamanote-line catching up. I showed her around Shibuya: Hachiko statue, Shibuya crossing, had sushi at my favorite place, shopped around at the Disney store, Uniqlo, and walked back to Harajuku via Yoyogi park. I got to spend time with SHAR and enjoyed all of my favorite spots in Tokyo as I reminisced all the wonderful memories there. As we walked down Takenoshita St., we stopped by LaPausa for dessert. We made a purikura stop just before bidding each other farewell. Arriving at CNT, I waited for Sunil to finish work and we spent some quality time together before wrapping up the day.

WEDNESDAY
I slept in today and enjoyed a typical lazy morning in the Women's Dorm. I present myself at chapel as the ACTS-es students was on duty. They did a great job and I was so proud of them. ChingBoi choreographed a dance and delivered a message that was uplifting. I walked お母さん to the station and we shared a wonderful lunch together. It was great being able to sit down while sharing our thoughts over a nice meal at Denny's. I saw her off at the station and ran errands at the post office and the mall. I grabbed a few cookies and made it back to campus. Since I was on holiday, snuck a nap before grabbing dinner at the good ol' 食堂. I attended the Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting and enjoyed the fellowship there. It was a lovely evening and I even got to enjoy a walk in the park. (*^_^*)

THURSDAY It was just like any day at TCU for me. I met up with Mori-san before chapel and had lunch on campus before enjoying cakes and coffee at Meadow grass. Mark was already there enjoying his dessert. We sat at our favorite side of the room at Barnabas Hall. Soon, Osakabe, Matthew, and Sunil joined us too. We had a good time teasing Mark by confusing him about the Preaching class schedule. The boys had to leave for class and left Osakabe and I to just catch up. We reminisced about the good times shared as classmates, past relationships, and shared about our future. We were amazed by the development of friends in our Class of '06, both Japanese and ACTS-es. We talked about weddings and how great it is to see familiar faces, like Tadashi, Char-kun, and Hiroaki on campus again. I wrapped up my afternoon with a trip to Jusco and made it back in time for a small dinner party at Barnabas Hall. Yanagisawa-sensei was kind enough to organize a get-together with STF, the Seniors, and some of the ACTS-es Juniors. Although the food arrangements were "interesting," I did enjoyed the taco-rice and dessert. The boys and I went out for karaoke and it was good fun. I have taken enough pictures and videos on my camera to keep me laughing.

FRIDAY I love my Fridays at TCU. It was always a day for me to unwind before the weekend. I also have a good number of wonder Fridays in memory for me to smile about. It was an easy-breezy day, highlighted with a walk to the Harayama Post Office to mail baby sis her stuff, getting ice-cream at Kasumi, and enjoying the afternoon at Tatarada-park. I enjoyed singing with familiar faces at choir, had dinner, and had grammar lessons at Denny's. Yep, nothing changes much, I guess.

SATURDAY This day was a special treat for me; I get to spend the whole day with the people who are indeed special to me. The rainy day did not damped my spirits at all as I so much at home. It felt... NICE. We had a wonderful lunch and had fun making our own parfaits for dessert. (Man! Thinking about it makes me smile.) We later had a walk in the park enjoying the weather and reminisced our first time at the park. We later returned to the Kobayashi's for some hot tea before I had to return to campus to have my bag sent to the airport. Since it was my last evening, the boys and I hung out at the mall and had dinner. On our way back, we stopped by our usual spot for pictures and the usual habits.

SUNDAY It was difficult getting up and ready. Although I was looking forward to Chicago, a part of me would like to have stayed a little longer. I was up around 5 to prepare myself for the long journey ahead. Lucy, Baileyna, and I went to TUC together, and met STF at the 8:30 service. I had a good conversation with Lucy at McD's on Omotesando as we waited for time to pass. By 11, I was at Shibuya for my final lunch date, sushi. I really hoped that time could have stretched itself out for me, but the train to Narita beckons.

The week went past so fast, but I am happy that I was able to be there. It had been a splendiferous week, and I know for sure, how much this piece of Japan means to me. Do enjoy the pictures.

Thanks for everything. I will miss you and I hope to come back again! In the meantime, do take care of yourselves. Love ya, bye bye!

No comments: