Thursday, May 8, 2008

You Know You Are in America When...

... everything is much bigger in size, volume, and quantity.

My right wrist has been hurting since 2-3 days ago. Was it caused by the lugging of my stuff? Or by pushing and pulling the heavy doors over here? Even opening and closing a car door seems to be a major task for me.

I used to think road kills on Malaysian roads happen more often since nobody really clears away the mess. For all I can remember, I had never seen any in Japan. But hey, the standards of road kill over here matches the opening line. I saw something lying dead right in the middle of the road on Tuesday. I think it was a gopher (not the regular stray cat, dog, or monitor lizard we get back in Malaysia. I might be wrong since we were cruising rather fast). Nevertheless, the size of it was similar to a big dog. The stuff one may hit/run their car through over here... A friend of mine hit a deer and the front left of her car was totally ruined. The impact of the hit caused a massive dent, a 2 foot rip above the bumpers, and took out all the lights on the left. The deer possibly died of a concussion within the next 24 hours.

Anyways, I should get back to my reading. 3 hours to class and I have hardly touched on the assigned chapters. The bed was so tempting this morning that I got back under the sheets after I was done with breakfast! Slaps on the wrists and will sit in the library before class today.

No comments: