Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 4- Sober and Smiley

My body is finally catching up (or is it slowing down?) to the time here. I woke up around 8:45, took my shower and felt like a million bucks. (Thank God I did not get up any later as maintenance turned off the water right after I got out of the shower.) The morning was moving slow but I finally managed to log on campus computers with my very own user ID. Yep, settling down and getting integrated.

I was invited for lunch today. The gay party of 7 congregated at Olive Garden where we had soup, salad and bread sticks. It was a good deal as we could have as many rounds of refills to our choice of 3 kinds of soup, garden salad, and yummy bread sticks. What a joyous gathering it turned out to be for a welcome lunch for me and a farewell party for the resident missionary who will be returning to Congo.

Everyday is a fun and exciting experience. Today I managed to have my close encounter with the state police. We saw them everywhere during our drive to the restaurant. The amusing thing was that 5 state police cars were parked around our car at the restaurant. We were observing the officers and cracked a few jokes. We had to tone ourselves down when they seated down next to our table. (Laughs)

All is good. My jet lag is slowly wearing off and I guess since my brain is working, I'd better get some blogging done and read up for my class. Hmm, the bed seems rather tempting though....

2 comments:

Eric said...

Now you're starting to sound like a real college student!

Suzanne said...

Two words: Gay. Dodgy. >.<