Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My First Visitor

Kin Yan visited me this week. He arrived from Connecticut Sunday afternoon and we had the best of times (minus the moments when PMS-bunny took over) till past noon today. I hope he had as much fun as I did, caught his flight out from Chicago O'hare, and is happily reuniting with his family this evening.

We spent a good deal of time catching over meals. (Yep, although paranoid of getting blown up, we practically stuffed our face with American Food at least twice a day.) On Sunday, we had A&W/KFC lunch before driving out to IKEA at Schaumburg to shop for stuff. After having dinner and dessert there, we lost our way for a while heading back to Judson. (Bunny was no help in this for she went "Oh, THERE is Olivet [where STF teaches 1/2 of the year]!" and made Kin Yan miss the exit.)

Monday was a day spent downtown Chicago. We drove downtown and universal to all major cities of the world, we experienced the morning traffic. I was intrigued by the toll systems, but soon focused my attention to the majestic Chicago City skyline. It was simply beautiful. Our first stop was Chinatown as Kin Yan craved for Malaysian food. After lunch, we drove along the shoreline of Lake Michigan towards Lincoln Park up North. We spent the entire afternoon at the zoo, had a Chicago hot dog, and walked towards Old Town, where we enjoyed the stunning architecture of residential buildings and coffee. We later drove down the Majestic Mile and circled to find parking before visiting the ever-famous Sears Tower. We spent about 1.5 hours there, but I will definitely want to go there again as I would love to see sun set and the city's night skyline from101-stories above the city. We had the yummy Chicago famous deep-pan/stuffed pizza at Giordano's before making our way back northwest. Again we mixed up our bearing, but I did enjoyed the drive as Kin Yan rented a VERY NICE car. (*^_^*)

Tuesday was easy-breezy as Bunny had to finish up her reading/preparing for a test, finalize on her research material that would be discussed, and finish up her assigned questions, all due in the evening. Struggling hard to complete everything as soon as possible, we did manage to have lunch on campus and caught Ironman at the AMC cineplex at West Barrington in the afternoon. We played a few games of 9-ball before my class and had dinner's at Subway's after.

This morning, we took time to explore Wal Mart and Deals (a dollar store) before having a REALLY HEAVY brunch of scrambled eggs, cheese burger, and dessert at Denny's. It was great having Kin Yan for the past few days. We talked about almost everything and hung out.

Thanks, buddy, for making the trip. I did try to burn what was consumed thus far by rearranging my room and organizing the mess. After this, I'd better hit the books for this week, classes and assignments would be pretty intense!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I hope I can come up and see you sometime this summer.

suemae said...

Yep... do come. I still want to cash in on your offer. Maybe we can catch a game too.