Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Getting Connected

It is always an interesting experience to start afresh in a new environment. Being one of the modern day technology-reliant babies, I was looking forward to get myself connected to the basic necessities of the 21st century, telephone and Internet connections.

My day started slow as I walked around campus to get hold of the needed textbook for my class this evening. I hoped to get some reading done before class as I used to but to my avail, both the campus store and library did not have it. Nevertheless, I did managed to check out the wide range of campus merchandise being sold (something I had never experience before). Minga and I went to the bank to check out some "interesting" activities in my account before picking up another international student from Etophia for lunch. We ate at a local well-known Chinese buffet, made a trip to Wal-Mart, and head over to Woodman's again. It was simply super that we still managed to get back on campus 2 hour before my first class and I managed to cram in 1.5 hours of sleep!

Class was interesting. A total of 26 students turned up rather than the 11 that were expected. Since is a summer semester catered for those who are coming back to school to get a certification, we had an interesting group of people. I survived my first session and enjoyed the walk back to my room. Instead of hitting the sheets, I spent a good 3 hour in the TV room getting myself acquainted with Lydia from California, and the basic cable we have on TV. Fellowship over popcorn, Law & Order, and a few episodes from the Disney channel... it was fun.

The night wrapped itself up by me connecting my phone and receiving my campus PC ID. Now, I will be accessible to the rest of the world and look forward to keeping you guys updated.

Hey you there! Now you have no excuse not to contact me!

No comments: