Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Blue Monday

I am so tired. It was really difficult to pull myself out of bed this morning. Although I planned to get up at 6 to finish up some packing since I put it off last night, I only got up an hour later and rushed through the morning as usual. Apart from the daily morning ritual of preparing myself, I prepared the bag of my other stuff to be brought to the office for the next person who will be visiting Macao to bring over for me.
Man! It would be a train ride to work with this bag with me!

There was so much to catch up at work today. Since I taken the day off on Friday, I had to catch up on matters that we unattended to since then. Expense reports, the apartment search, actual work, replying business emails, personal emails, and was working on my personal expenses. Phew! Since it is the last week I will be in the Tokyo office, there is so much to wrap up and plan for the actual move next week. My schedule for this week is almost packed with lunch appointments, dinner get-togethers...

Oh, just let me have the weekend to do the things I want to do.

I have never been good at farewells and goodbyes. My life has been pretty much unsettled for the past year and a half. I have no idea whether when will I be able to see the people I last bade my farewell to. Would it be just for now? A few months? Or even longer? Thinking about it made me blue. "Sure we will meet again!" I try comforting myself. "Yeah, the world is made smaller each day by the technologies available to us. It is just an air ticket away!" (Then comes the issue of money and sure hope that I am rich enough to do that as often as I can.)

Sigh!

Well, I am trying hard not to get too bogged down by it. A week passes in a flash. I had better stop whining and try to get some work done.
The countdown begins.

No comments: