Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Christmas Wish List

I could hardly recall the last time when I had a Christmas wish list, but I was advised that I should have one since people find it absolutely difficult to get me something (that comes in a box) I want or like for Christmas. I would love to travel to a distant country just to hang out with a loved one or explore the historical and cultural part of the city. A ski trip or a beach escapade would be nice with good friends. But I am easily content just to have a nice meal or spend the Christmas season with the family of close friends since I am away from home. Otherwise, I am easily satisfied with a nice Christmas bouquet.

However, for the sake of those who wish to get me something in exchange for their time and attention, I guess I should come up with a list. Those who know me well enough know that I am very picky with many likes and dislikes when it comes to material things. The only way to get me what I want or like would be taking me shopping and paying attention to the specific things that strikes my interest. My little sis made a mistake years back by not putting any thought into a gift she got me and she still suffers from my teases today.

For most of the time, I really do not know what I want. Well, since my days of living in the dorms, packing and moving annually taught me that I am living in excessive stuff which I hardly use. Since then, I only shop when I see something I really need, like and I know I would really use. HOWEVER, since I have been heading out for a retail therapy rather frequent of late, I have come up with a list of 5 things that could come in a box that I like and would use.

1. C.S. Lewis: Chronicles of Narnia (All seven books)
2. Beatrix Potter: The Complete Tales
3. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship or the Ring, The Two Towers, Return of the King. Complete DVD set, extended version.
4.
Dior Addict 2: Eau De Toilette
5. Ugg Women's Tall Sheep Skin Boots. I wear a UK size 6 and I have no specific preference in color: Sand, Chestnut, Black.
(And of course, you could get me my own laptop, one that is really light and easy to carry around.)

So, with this, would it not be easier if you just spend some time with me? A phone call, a card or letter that you take time to write... I am trying to get myself into shape so please do not send me any sweets unless you are planning to share them with me. Nevertheless, with all that has been said, all that really matters is the heart and the true reason for the season. Fret not. I am easy to please. (*^_^*)

No comments: