Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Hair Affair

I finally had the time to go for a haircut. The last time I was seated on a hairdresser's chair was back in late May. The reason why I had to go is because I needed a trim and some shape to my locks. Having long hair is a pain when it comes to washing, drying, combing, styling, picking up strands of hair everywhere, etc. What bothers me most is that I look like a banshee in the mornings if I do not tie my hair up when I go to bed. Be it Medusa or another long hair mad woman, I needed the wonders of a hairdresser to tame my tresses.

Since I do not have a full length mirror at my convenience, I did not know that my hair has grown so much. My hair was past elbow length! With my hair combed out by the hairdresser, I myself was surprised. I used to have Chinese doll-like straight black hair; however, I guess my hair has grown to be wavy since my adolescent years. I have seriously damaged my hair once with a home perm 3 years ago, but by now, it has been all cut away. I always welcome compliments about my hair, especially if they come from professionals. I was happy to hear that despite the length of my hair, it was healthy and having a routine trim every now and then is good.

After my hair cut I still have close to elbow-length hair. How long more do I plan to grow it? I have no idea. The common tease is that I will let it grow till I wed. (Laughs!) However, this whole hair affair would probably last till I am done showing it off to people who used to have longer hair than I did growing up, or until I am sick of it and plan to revert to the back have having really short hair. Many could not imagine how I look with short hair now; after all, it has been a long time since then. 5.5 years to be exact! I could not even find a picture of myself before entering TCU! Whatever it is, I love my hair...

No comments: