Thursday, November 8, 2007

BEAUTY IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER

When was the last time you saw something that was simply beautiful and heartwarming? I am not referring to the pretty things that are the products of commercialized consumerism. What I meant was something that was just attractive as it is; nothing fancy, but it comes with a deep value that makes you go "aww..."

A cynic is someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Over the past 5 years, I have learned how to appreciate every encounter just they way they are. I am easily entertained and satisfied just by observing my surroundings. I guess I am trying to slow down my living pace and enjoy whatever life brings. My romantic side might have broken the shell of the iron lady, and is slowly tainting my daily experience.

These are the things that I find simply beautiful: an old couple holding hands, the glow and warmth of a good fire, children curious about nature, the conversations between a grandparent and grandchild, watching someone sleep peacefully, the changing of seasons, the moment when loving couples meet, candle lights and cozy settings, and many more.

By mentioning the above, I can not help but to think about romantic gestures that I find attractive and hard to resist. Contrary to what many would think of me, I guess I am a sucker for charm and chivalry. It is always nice to know a few gentleman, for in all cultures their actions and thoughts just blows me away. From simple gestures like getting the door to the generalization of a man treating a woman right, I love it when a guy helps me with my jacket, guide me by the small of my back, is sincere when complimenting how I look, take a moderate sniff in appreciation of the flower before giving it to me, giving me their jackets to ensure I am warm enough, unintentionally smelling my hair and finding it nice... Well, I have been spoiled by having friends who are charming, and had encounters and past relationships that portrayed the aforementioned, so I am not talking about white tigers.

Every girl would like to be swept off their feet and carried off into the moment (at some point in their lives). I am rather simple and plain, and definitely not a tough nut to crack.
A romantic? Right down to the core!

No comments: