Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Taste of Sweetness

GOOD MORNING, PEOPLE!!!
It is a beautiful day outside. Even though I did not enjoy the most eventful evening last night, my mood could not resist the effects of the almost perfect weather. My thoughts have been weighing me down of late, and to pamper myself this lovely day (since I still have to be at work) I treated myself to a McDonald's breakfast.

The last I remembered having a McD's breakfast was during the days at JAC. Siti and I would talk about it and then get them to deliver our food to us since we were just too lazy and sleepy (yeah... even in the mornings) to go get breakfast from the nearest store which was close to 5 minutes walk away. Laughs. Good times. Good times.

ANYWAYS... since my last visit to Japan at the end of January, I have always wanted to grab breakfast at McD's over here. (Well, I think the service standards in addition to the quality of taste in the franchise over here are much better than anywhere else in the world that I have been.) They just launched McGriddles in the middle of January. I was so fascinated at the advertisements and really wanted to try it. It has been a while,but finally, after close to 4.5 months stationed here, I went to grab some breakfast at the closest McDonald's I know of on my way to work.

Well, I reckon many of you might not know what McGriddles are since there are only available in US, Canada, and Japan thus far. (Do correct me if I am wrong.) So, here is a little reading material that might help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGriddles

Man! It was good. It is like having my maple syrup pancakes together with a hearty meal of bacon and eggs topped with cheese; throw in a bowl of salad and some fruits and I am one happy girl. However, since the standard McD's breakfast combo comes with hash browns, I am content with that. I will just have my vegetable juice when I get to the office.

There is a downside to the scrumptious breakfast I just had; it has a rather high calorie count. A McGriddle breakfast can easily cover half of the calories I need a day. Yup, it was good, but I don't think I would be having it THAT often. Although winter is almost here and I do need some blubber to keep me warm in that apartment of mine, but I think I should watch what I eat. Nevertheless, I would recommend you to try it, even just once!

No comments: