Friday, November 2, 2007

Geared Up for Zion Festival Weekend

I self-claim to be the "Ghost of the ACTS-es Program. I am always here and it would take a lot to truly get rid of me."

TCU has truly become my 2nd home. After a crazy week at work and living alone, I get to return to the familiar surroundings and hang out with people I have grown so fond of. I don't have to sleep alone, I get to have long chats with people, hanging out at the usual spots, and freeloading at the dining hall (well, the food is not really the greatest, but I do enjoy the convenience and the conversations at the table).

I find myself heading out to Chiba almost every weekend mainly because I am preparing myself for further studies. My schedule is still rather inclined to TCI events and I sure look forward to attend as many as I can during my time here. The bonus is that I get to hang out with the guys and have the convenience of shopping at familiar spots. Two commented that I am living the life most people dreamed of... Although I whine a lot, I am still thankful.

This week it is ZION FESTIVAL!!! I am so excited about it. I am able to hold on to my word as I did mention before that if I am in Japan, I will definitely be there to help out with the tea ceremony. Thus, I have been lugging this bag of mine to work this morning. I guess I need to spend time tonight to prepare and refresh my memory on how to put on my kimono. I had my gear brought during my short trip back a month ago. Su-Anne was kind enough to send me my "zori" as I forgot them. Oh, it is going to be fun!

I heard that Matthew and Sunil are setting up a burrito stall. Mitsuko is the president of the Zion Festival committee, Motoko will be the chairperson of the afternoon event after the tea ceremony, and I bet there are a lot of events too. Well, after going through 4 years of Zion Festival myself, I know that it would be a long day of activities. Nonetheless, I do look forward to sitting down to my weekly commitments of grammar practice too.

Thus, I will leave this blog entry on a happy note. It is a nice wrap up to another hectic week at work. I have lunch with the boss today but just bought mini sandwiches from Kiwi Kitchen the caterer who has been visiting us daily this week. They are a little costly but scrumptious and goes well when washed down with milk. Yummy.

Counting the hours until I am done for the day... over and out!

No comments: