Monday, November 26, 2007

Retail Therapy Weekend



The past week has been a real roller coaster ride for me. The extremes in the highs and lows simply left me in exhaustion and I am finding it difficult to start my week.

I was looking forward to the Thanksgiving weekend as I am excited for my Christmas preparations in Japan. I was planning to plan my advent calendar and get some decorations set up over the weekend, but my long weekend was turned into days of emotional outburst that led to many retail therapy sessions instead. However, not all was bad as I was blessed with the company of very patient people.

Most of what has been bugging me has been mentioned in my Thanksgiving entry, but I have found some peace and comfort throughout the weekend when SiQin, a friend from my home church, spent Saturday and Sunday with me. Our adventures to Kamakura visiting the temples and shrines took my mind off the negatives, and our conversations shared put comfort into what we are facing right now. Even though we were soon tired out by our train rides and the weekend crowd at the ever famous tourist spot in Kanagawa, we even spent time hanging out we Jewel at Sakuragi-cho in the evening. We had a fun time shopping, having dinner, enjoying coffee, and walks at the entertainment focused area of Yokohama Landmark Tower. Spending time with the girls did me good.

Sunday did me good too. After having a morning cuppa at Starbucks, Siqin and I went to church. We went our separate ways after the service was over and I did some window shopping as I waited for Sunil. Sunil and I rendezvous at Snoopy Town and went through our usual Sunday people watching at Yoyogi Park before making our way to Shibuya on foot. There we met up with Siqin, and I went for another round of shopping to cheer myself up. Sunil left for a meeting around 5, and Siqin and I had a good evening shopping in Shibuya and making our way back to Harajuku for dinner. After a scrumptious meal and a final stop at a store for last minute shopping, we went back to my place, collected her stuff and I saw her off at Shinjuku.

My mood for Christmas is currently on the low. (Of course, true Christmas celebration and preparation has nothing to do with my mood, so you need not worry as I will be able to pull myself together soon.) This week will be a busy week for me to sort things out and make decisions for the year end. I am still caffiene high from the many lattes and mochas I had in the past 2 days. (The effect of caffiene on me is worse than of alcohol.) The retail therapy sessions did cheer me up a little, as I have some seasonal clothes of my choice now. The harvest thus far covers socks, kitchenware, 3 tops, a pair of jeans, and an organizer. I was really close to getting myself a Christmas dress but it did not look as cute on me as I had imagine. No worries, the search continues as I will be shopping some more spending money on another pair of boots, a hat, gloves, etc. Hmm, maybe I should go get some purikura taken too. Those will cheer me up for now.

No comments: