Tuesday, November 20, 2007

By Helping Our Clients Prosper, We Achieve Our Goals.

The company off site training that lasted 4 days was very enjoyable since we had beautiful weather through out the weekend. Putting emphasis on training, this was not a trip that focuses on fun and relaxation; we had meetings, reports, training, and discussions. Apart from the highly physical activity of dodge ball, I was enlightened by the reports given about my company's ranking in the worldwide organization and gained some new skills with the training provided. The highlight of the weekend was that the whole company participated in the making of our company's mission statement. Our final few hours of the off site training was then spent reviewing and presenting our personal goals and commitments. (Yep, we sold our soul to the company... cheeky smiles.)

I have learned so much on this trip with the company. Everyone in the company was present and it was fun to socialize with them outside the office. However, I have to say that there were times when too much information was shared.

In a nutshell, I truly enjoyed the resort but do have complains about the food served there. We had an excellent seafood dinner ala Japanese style on Saturday where I had my fill of sashimi and Japanese delicacies. YUMMY! It was great being able to sleep in a spacious room with a great view. I enjoyed my morning and evening sauna and jacuzzi; and I was really refreshed with the walks taken in the beautiful surrounding and fresh air. At night, the skies were simply amazing. We could see an endless sea of stars above us. It was marvelous.

Now, I am back in the office catching up with the regular workload... busy Busy BUSY! The bright side is that this Friday is Labor Thanksgiving Day; yes! Holiday! Oh yes, it is Ron's birthday today. I have been too busy lately that I almost forgot. Well, since we are far apart, this little brother of mine would not be getting any immediate attention from me. Sorry, Ron... I will make it up to you soon.

No comments: