Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Thanksgiving Entry

Thanksgiving. I have learned to embrace this culture as my own by using this holiday to reflect on how much I should be thankful for.

At this point of my life I am thankful for the many blessings God has bestowed upon me. There are the good and bad encounters in my life, but I truly believe that all things happen for a purpose, and there is something for me learn to become a better person. Many things has happened since the beginning of this year, and I have embarked on a journey chasing after my dreams. I see myself grow and this quote will best summarize what I hold close to me in times of change and trial, "The most beautiful flower is one that blooms in adversity." Therefore, I thank God for His faithfulness.

I was hoping that I will have the answers to a few aspects of my life by Thanksgiving. Whether the outcome was the one I wanted or dread, I wanted to know in order for me to set my heart and mind straight before God and myself. Even though I have my whines and complaints, I am still thankful for everything He has given. I am truly thankful for the almost 5 months I have been here in Tokyo. My stay here was supposed to be a brief one, possibly just 2 weeks, but it has been extended until today. Within these few months, I have been able to reconnect with everything I really missed during my time in Malaysia, and now hold the answers to the areas which I have been struggling with. Even though there are details that I do not prefer, I know He is faithful. I should not always get what I want, as I will indeed be a spoiled and arrogant person. There are bits where it is rather difficult for me to accept, but I am overall happy. It just takes time to fully digest and be content.

A conversation with someone over the week made me realize that there are people out there who thinks that I am having life delivered to me on a platter. I would relate to some as I am just lucky, but deep down inside, I know that my God is a good God, He loves me, and He is in control. He knows what is best for me. He knows my desires, and blesses me with what I want in His will. He is not Santa Clause, but gives me what I dare ask in prayer with a twist of humor, but all of it works out that I grow to become more dependant on Him. I find myself in thanksgiving in almost any situation now. (Of course, with whines and complaints at first, but I know that, at the end of the day, I will look back, smile and know that I am loved by Him.)

Saving this to top my thanksgiving list, I am thankful for each person that God has placed in my life. This extends to friends, loved ones, mentors, family, and especially those who care for me. I am just a simple girl who can get on people's nerves easily. When I am challenged and put in situations I do not wish to be in, all I want to do is complain, make a face, show that I am upset, and the last thing I want is someone to tell me how I should be optimistic and look at the situation positively. For those who really know me well enough, they know that at the end, I will always do the right thing and emerge out of the situation doing well, standing tall and strong. So, just let me whine and complain. I have gone through enough in my life and know that everything will work out for the best; but just let me be human, be a girl, and let me have my share of anger, disappointment, frustration, and tears. Thus, I thankful for all the wonderful people out there who love me for who I am. It is because of you, I am given the opportunity to be where I am today and have a passion towards my future I look forward to. Even though I seem strong, but I would like you to know that I am able to be so due to your prayers, support and encouragement.

Even though I did not have my share of turkey and pumpkin pie, I raise my glass...
"Happy Thanksgiving!"


1 comment:

Eric said...

And a happy Thanksgiving to you too.